Monday, January 23, 2012

01.23.12 Videos at night & casting all day...the FFF CI countdown begins....





What a great instructor! Luckily I found a bunch of Mel Krieger videos on You Tube. I also found a bunch of Wulff, Kreh, and Rajeff videos also. They are not only entertaining, amazing and fun to watch, they are also a great studying tool as I get within four days of my test. I am at the point where I am able to see my mistakes and poor techniques based on reading and watching the correct way, over and over , and over again. Today I couldn't find my roll cast...it was gone...I needed a quick refresher so I watched a Mel video. I started fly casting and fly fishing 20 years ago, the problem is, it's my way, not always the right way. My preparation for this testing process has helped me greatly.

In the above video one of my favorite lines is at the 2:29 minute mark where Mel says, " You old f@*kers".

Mel Krieger was instrumental in founding the Federation of Fly Fishers "Flycasting Certification Program". Not only was he a great caster, but a great instructor also. Mel died in 2008 at the age of 80.