Friday, June 17, 2022

06.17.22 Bass-a-thon this morning....



     What these fish lack in size they make up for in spunk coupled with a moving, up, and fast outgoing tide. Started the morning with a popper and landed one and had two blow ups that they didn't commit to. Went back to the "Joe Pastel" fly had them juiced up to eat. Eleven landed and 



20 more swipes and unbuttons. I jumped across the river because it had cleaned up nicely overnight. I just needed a different spot to fish. I couldn't lug the aquarium around so it was a quick lift, picture and release. Of course, I had one on I would like to have back, and over 30 " fish that tail walked and spit the hook. Tomorrow I was planning on hitting the beach, but, why? Got striped bass in my backyard and I don't want to leave fish to find fish. The cardinal rule I have repeated broken.