Sunday, November 21, 2010

11.21.10 Glass till 6am, then the wind shifted and we all thought...



     ...that maybe things would change. I was out by 530 am and there a few guys out or making their way out.  I met up with regular Rich who was packing it in. That wasn't a good sign I thought. I made my way out to the beach to find water flat with no wind, at all, like glass. Some guys were on the groin, others in the wash. I made my way to Brighton and walked out half way and started to cast. Soon there were a few fish popping in front of us but no one hooked up. I caught a sun dial and by 6 o'clock the winds kicked in from the NE with an occasional gust. Another flyfisher, Steve, who's pictured above, also fished both groin and picked up a few sun dials. He caught four shorts yesterday afternoon. I didn't see a fish caught and 730 most of the early crew was heading out, several of them not wanting to burn any bridges at home because they were getting ready for another NFL Sunday. I hope to get south tomorrow afternoon after work.