Sunday, November 21, 2010

11.21.10 Figured I'd try the outgoing PM tide, full moon, hard SE wind...


                                

So many factors, so little time. One of factors guys go back and forth on is what moon phase is good to fish. Well I decided to run down to 8th Ave to see what was going on. I pulled in and I was the only car in the lot. The moon was full and high, and the wind SE with a strong occasional gust. I walked out on the groin and made some casts, sometimes feeling the sting of the clouser against my back or neck, and it really hurts, especially the neck. I am going to start carrying clear safety glasses to wear when the wind is gusting and from a direction that is dangerous to cast into or alongside or against. I don't want to know what a Deciever in the eye feels like. I gave it a good shot fishing in front of the flume and working my way back to the beach. I spoke to a guy who had just drove from Bucks County to fish, and he was surprised no one was out. He was surprised to find a guy walking in the shadows and along the rocks with his "junk" hanging out of his pants and trying to make gestures to him from a distance. "Welcome to 8th Avenue!"