Friday, November 19, 2010

11.19.10 Quick trip up to the Catskills, brought the drift boat home for TLC




     I left Monmouth County about 430am and picked up a friend on the way to Roscoe to check on the lodge in Roscoe and get it ready for winter. Of course we ate at the Roscoe Diner. After seeing the crowd there I think the town should also have the nickname, "Deertown USA". There were about 150 guys in the diner, most with pick ups in the parking lot, and a large percentage with some kind of four wheel drive in the back, or in tow. I guess tomorrow opens some kind of hunting season, so I hope the deer up there enjoy their last supper tonight.
     I had planned on continuing north up to fish the Gamelands on the West Branch of the Delaware, but I opted to hook up and my drift boat and start home early. I had planned on getting soda washed and repainted for the start of the season next spring, April will be here before we know it.
     As of now I will be out off Asbury Park and Deal tomorrow morning throwing flies to the groins and the shallows rather than from them. I hope the weather is okay and we get out and get into some fish. Also,  this weekend is the International Fly Tying Symposium, which is always a great event, check it out at www.internationalflytyingsymposium.com. It's a great day to see the best tyers in the world under one roof. If I get back off the boat early enough, I will go tomorrow, if not then on Sunday.

     I am following some reports from down south where conditions seem to be super and the bite, a late afternoon one, seems to be in full swing. I checked out reports from Betty and Nicks and Shore Catch. It could be a great weekend, hopefully things will get better up here.