Wednesday, December 25, 2013

12.25.13 MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!


     To all my clients, friends, family and fellow anglers Merry Christmas to you and yours from me and my family. Soon another year will be in the books and I am praying for a happy and healthy New Year for everyone.

                                                      

     That said, I couldn't hook a Christmas day fish. After spending the morning opening gifts and having Sarah's famous pork roll ( Taylor of course!), egg and cheese it was off to a cold beach with flat clear water. Fished hard through the end of the flood and start of the ebbing tide. Jumped on several groins and beaches without a bump. Saw the birds diving which is a good sign. I am thinking we're back to a night or first light bite so I'll be back at it during the cold morning.



On a side note. yesterday an angler, ranger9, who fishes our beaches posted a picture on Stripers Online of the below fish which washed up on the beach. It's an atlantic mackerel, and it looks like a perfect size meal for a nice sized striped bass.