Thursday, October 27, 2016

10.27.16 Hey, you don't know if you don't go....


     Had a stressful day at work but needed a taste of the salt water, and boy did I get it. SE to then SW winds to 30 mph made things a little tricky. Had to decide where I could fish using the wind to my advantage, and still be able to cast into fishy water on the outgoing tide. I went down to the water with one fly, and snapped it off on a cast. So I had to go back to my truck after a dozen casts and get another. Should I go back or go home since I have to be back at the hospital at 630? Mmmm......

     So I tied one on and walked back in the wind and now the sideways rain. I had  fishy pocket in front of me and fished it well but had no takers. Looks like the wind will go W over night and then some W-NW for the weekend. We're getting close to the new moon on the 30th, so next week we should see the bait really start to move and the fish with them. I think bigger fish are starting to move into our area, so it should be game on, for the wader wearers, soon.