Tuesday, October 11, 2016

10.11.16 Gonna give the Fuji XP90 a try....


     So, after drowning so many cameras that I have lost count, while at Costco today a display caught my eye. Actually what count my eye was the price.....$159.00. I was on the phone yesterday with Canon repairs and they told me the Canon Powershot G12, which was my favorite camera of all time, had too much water damage to repair, and that they din't carry any refurbished models. They offered me a G9 or  G7 at a price tag around $600. Well that just isn't in the monthly budget.

     I read the info on the package and did a quick Google search for some reviews and it didn't review badly. My biggest problem is it doesn't shoot RAW, but I can't afford to keep ruining cameras. I need a camera that is waterproof and can take a beating and this just might do the trick. I opened the package real nice and kept the receipt just in case it's a dud. I did a few tests and it seems sharp in lower light and the image quality isn't too bad. I'll let you know what I think. But, I know it's no G12.

And yes, I'm going before work in the morning.....