Monday, October 3, 2016

10.03.16 Some fish looking to eat....but not much for bait around


      Had a right tight window this morning to fish. Was surprised to find a west wind and gentle conditions on the incoming tide. I knew I was in a rush so I just had my 300 gr line on and a black Snake Fly, but wish I had the intermediate on. Water is looking good post blow and it should be good at least until next weekend when whats left of Hurricane Matthew passes off the coast. 
     Lief got a nice fish on the same fly and I wish I was able to stay for a at least another hour as I had the feeling things good have got good. Kiddies are off from school today for Rosh Hashanah so I had to go relieve my wife so she could get off to work. Just as well as I have a paper due tonight for school. I hate APA style masters level papers.