Sunday, April 4, 2021

04.04.21 HAPPY EASTER!


     HAPPY EASTER! Todays we celebrate the risen Jesus after three days in the tomb. It was Holy Week starting with Palm Sunday last week, and then Good Friday, where Jesus was crucified on the cross. Three days later he rose from the dead. Believe what you wish, for me I'm a believer. I also believe Jesus would have been a fly fisherman, and no doubt a saltwater fly fisherman. The above picture tells it all, except Jesus doesn't have a stripping basket and fly rod in hand. 



    After hearing of "red hot" Raritan Bay bite, from the beach and boat, last evening I gave it a shot. As soon as I got into the water in the 'Burg I knew it wasnt going to be a good outing. A quick check of the USGS showed water temps in at 45 degrees. I enjoyed the smell from the campfires and listen as the bait soakers drank their drink and listened to mostly Latin music from their radios. I made a jump more west to Union Beach and after finding a spot in the packed parking lot I walked way out and gave it a go for about an hour. I heard one hoot and holler from the sedges but didn't have a hit. 



     This Easter morning I ran down and found great conditions almost at the top of the tide. Still a tad cold but no wind made it fun throwing bigger herring type flies. Didn't have a tap, but after a weeks warm-up it should get going.