Saturday, September 24, 2016

09.24.16 Tying up some ammo for the morning.......



     Probably my favorite fly to tie and fish. I am not a great fly tyer, maybe average at best which is fine, because I share the joy of catching on my own ties. So Friday night I set up to tie a few black Snakes for Sunday morning, because, Saturday I had to work. I knew the wind was going to turn NE and I thought ti might shake things up a bit. So I planned on sleeping in and just going to work.......
Then I started to dream about big mind and waves and white water. So, I was on the beach shortly after 5 am.

                           



     It was sporty out there, no wind gusts, just a steady blow maybe 25 right in your face walking up the beach. It was hard to get my fly where I wanted it with the wind and sweep from north to south. I took some refuge by the rocks but the fish weren't home. I wish I had my lighter sinking line as I think it could have helped with the wind and getting the fly down in the water column, just too much water for a bass to spot it before sunrise. 
     I hope the water isn't too off color from the mini-blow today, but I think it's okay because the guys had good luck with albies today from the beach. Not every beach, but the ones where the water moves and is pretty deep. Tomorrow is another morning and I can't wait. I find it hard to get to sleep and not wake up every few hours to check the clock. It's fall! The best time of the year.