Saturday, March 31, 2012

03.31.12 Great time at the Orvis NYC store



     Had a great time at the Orvis NYC store today! Met a handful of nice folks and after attempting to get my presentation up on the big screen....they had to settle for the iPad version. Lots of good questions and interaction on fly fishing the Jersey Shore. Afterwards Rob and I broke out the vices for some fly tying. I tied up a Clouser and Deceiver and then broke out the yak hair. Rob tied some Hollow Fleyes and then finished off with a nice hi-tie yak bunker fly of his own. He shared some great fly tying tips that I'll put into practice my next time at the Regal!
     The Orvis store in Manhattan is a great place to visit. I mentioned to Rob that it was nice to see and be able to touch the different products Orvis offers. We have become such web and catalogue consumers that it's nice to be in a specialty shop that carries flies, rods, ect. In New Jersey we've been without a fly only shop for years. If you are in New York...stop by and say hello to Rob and his staff...and check out the great selection of flies that Rob carries.