Tuesday, March 13, 2012

03.13.12 Great night for stripers on the fly...and herring up over the top of the rocks


     What a nice night to fish. When I left at 830 it was just 60 degrees. The wind was steady from the south pushing the incoming tide all over the rocks. I started north and then settled in in Asbury Park. A few other anglers were out and it seemed just about everyone had a short or two. I went two for two catching one before high tide and the other on the slack tide. The best part of the night was hearing a fish flop behind me after a large wave crashed on the groin. I guess the herring are here...and mot guys seemed to be hooking up on silvery Bombers retrieved slowly. It seems that fish 22-27 are common, with a few keepers in the mix. With the big bait around and warm temps moving in we should see things only get better as summer comes within the next month....I'm kidding, but who can tell.

I'll be splitting my time starting in late April through May between the Upper Delaware and here on the Shore. To book a trip, to give someone a trip give me a call or drop me an email to get something in the books.