Sunday, September 29, 2013

09.29.13 Jonesing to get back out in the salt....


jonesing - English, verb - to have a strong need, want, or desire for something

     I am jonesing to go striper fishing tomorrow. After I got home and settled in from the weekend I went through the mail and a package that had come for me. It was Lou Tabory's book, Stripers on the Fly. I had never read it and ordered it off Amazon last week.
     With that I decided to go downstairs to the basement, man cave, well just plain mess and crank out some bait for tomorrow's trip. I'm not sure if we're still in the mullet run but I tied up some Snake Flies (thanks Lou!) and a variation that may be a combination Snake and Slab Fly. I tied in some barbel eyes because we'll be fishing early on the outgoing with a little NE and E wind.

While the rest of the world is watching the last episode of Breaking Bad, I'll be reading Mr. Tabory's book.