Friday, July 29, 2022

07.29.22 Al popped up on my Facebook Memories from 10 years ago....

 

     Yesterday, July 28th, a Facebook Memory popped up from 10 years ago, July 28, 2012. It was from a post titled, "Great early morning with a friend...". You can see that post, HERE,  and some pics of Al at 88 years young at the time, and me with about an extra 80 pounds on me. 

     I got the below picture from Al's son Mike with a clip from the Asbury Park Press dead September 16, 1975. The caption was titled "Babysitting" but "Al and the Whale" might have been  


better. This past week their joint obituary was published in several New Jersey newspapers and in North Carolina. It was fitting to see there's together. Besides raising a great family, Al was a very successful engineer working in air pollution and quality control. I found a nice picture of the two of 

on Al's Facebook page, which I didn't even know that he had. On his page was a photo he had 


showed me from a guided trip he took somewhere off Cape Cod. He had one thing on in the that, and so many pictures, that I wish I grabbed, or could grab, from the family if no one wanted it, Al's signature red fishing cap. He wore it all the time, I think it read "Fishing The Cape".