Wednesday, July 27, 2022

07.27.22 The hunt continues....


     Not much to say other than this must be what its like to go out tuna fishing. Another outing this time without seeing a fish, other than a carp that fooled me for a quick minute. Had the waders on 

for the dropping tide and then switched over to the calf high boots for more muck walking. Found some new spots that didn't have anything going on. For as nasty and hungry these things, both 



bowfin and snakeheads, I would expect to have seen several eat by now. It's probably been 20 plus outings without a strike only a bunch of sees and one follow. Yesterday I plucked a frog fly on the nose of one and it had no interest and that's why I'm going to the swimming flies for now. I had dead low 



low tide before the switch and I really though the bait moving in would have something, besides, turtles, stacked up waiting for a meal. I found some real Jurassic Park looking spots and dangled a 

fly hopping that might be cool to see something hit from up above. Before I hit the home office for some work I stopped by the river and hit a striper run and gave that a go. Wasn't looking to fish for bass but I was thinking maybe the snakeheads have moved up river to more oxygenated water. Don't know if I'm overthinking this snakehead thing, it seems like a pretty easy fishery if you have them in front of you, you may not catch but at least you're casting to a fish rather than days and days of blind casting hoping something is in the neighborhood.