Monday, July 18, 2022

07.18.22 New ride, granite weighs a ton, and no snakes.....


     I'll explain the day in reverse order. Last, dead to low to the start of the incoming. When the waters low you have to wade through the much to be able to get your fly into any type of zone. I did see two different snakehead breaches today. Not explosive, but definitely hitting on something. No follows or takes for me but I couldn't tell from the angle of the sun, but there were no wakes. 



     The real reason I was there at dead low was to follow up on the headstone mystery. Marie Cecilia Andino. Today I brought a pail and a brush and buggy. Theresa just said I might was well just take it out of there. But first I wanted to clean it off. So I filled the pail, worked the brush and to my 



surprise there was another partial name on the stone. I looked around and found another piece and when I put the together the name could made out. Julio Cesar Flores. He passed in 2013, two years 


before Maria. So after cleaning the stone I attempted "to just pick it up" and put it in the buggy.....forget it. It'll take two for that. So I took the smaller piece and will hit it with a 



pressure washer and wait till I get some help to load it up and bring it home, hopefully for a reunion with the family, even if they are in Philly. 

     And earlier in the day Theresa and I met Lauren and her buds down in Blackwood. Yesterday a gem of a truck popped up on Facebook and when they do you have to act fast. She was first, the second appointment, but after the seller talked with her he made her the first, and she was ready. 1986 F-150 all kinds of done up and just really sharp. Proud of her, she deserves it.