Saturday, July 16, 2022

07.16.22 Little salt before the reunion....

   

     Been a while since I had to reach for the 4 am alarm clock. I was up and at um' because I didn't want to miss the bite. A few hours into the incoming and a little wind coming out of the N/NE. 




     Water looked good, not to chilly after the prolonged south we had this week, but it did get cooler with the incoming tide. I seemed to catch cabbage almost every cast for a while and if not that then 




the gear anglers lost in pursuit....of catfish? Weight, Gulp!, cut bait, what else is in there? I managed one doormat that went about 24 inches. Alright, Leif said it was 14, I believed it was 16, we'll just settle it at 15. That was the only fish we caught this morning but I did see a large cow nose ray in 




I'm glad I had things to do near the shore this morning which included some driving lessons for my daughter and my 40th grammar school reunion. I can't believe I graduated St. Rose of Lima in Freehold 40 years ago. Where the hell tide the time go. Nice to see so many people from my childhood. We went back and forth and the consensus was we graduated 46 that year, and have sadly lost two over the years.