Wednesday, July 13, 2022

07.13.22 Some fishing, well casting, in between work....


       Even though its summer there's school related work to be done. Today was mandatory OSHA training from 10-2. That gave me a shot at hitting both tides. Started in the muck and mire and walking amongst the exposed pads looking for that first snakehead. Saw something pop, might have

been one I just not sure. Made casts in that direction without a nothing. Moving water which I'm not sure is good, but yesterday the large SH I saw breached itself in the middle of the river on the outgoing. While making some casts and trying to avoid getting snagged on the backcast I 

looked down and saw this part of a headstone on the bank. Next time I'm down there I'll have to make out the name and try and contact the family, I'm sure they are local. I have no idea where this thing came from. It's something Maria Cecelia?, born in 1946 and passed away in 2015. And while


on that topic this morning I talked to Al down in North Carolina. My dear friend Al is ready to transition to a better place. He and Evelyn have lived a good life, hard working, good family, and was active in his passions for decades. I hope this wasn't the last time we will talk, I wish I could get down there and see him once more. My memories of him are fond, I just love that guy. 


     After work the moon flood tide was in full effect. I should have brought the waders but I didn't and had to take a bath to get to where I hoped the fish were. Saw one blow up across the pond and that was it. It's a big swinging tide, the main river was barren on the top of the tidal range soon after high tide, and downriver the flood tide was deep into the woods. Anyday now, anyday.