Wednesday, July 20, 2022

07.20.22 Hot as balls....



     Oppressive is a good word to describe our weather this week. It's not only here. My mom just got back from Scotland and Ireland and they are facing it also. At Hethrow Airport, planes were having delays because the tarmacs were melting.....that's hot.



     On the Sh grounds......hot. Saw my first "wake" and watched it before I made a move. I don't think it matters because when I saw another large SH it was on the move and wasn't interested in my fly and just swam underneath it. So today saw two, which is better, but I have learned they like 


warmer water but this might be a tad too hot, plus the dissolved oxygen must be down. Hearing of some caught in the moving water in the main river, where the oxygen must be better in the morning water. I went there and looked down from the bridge and counted just about a dozen striped bass swimming about in the deeper moving water. Why didn't you leave for the beaches? Where the water is 10-15 degrees cooler. Plus there's all the mole crabs you could want. 


     In anticipation of catching my first SH I have added a Boga to my daily carry alongs. They are toothy and I want to be able to handle it properly. They are also slimy so I carry along a little rag for hand traction. I have been leaving the viewing tank behind, I'm sick of carrying it with nothing to swim inside. Soon!