Tuesday, July 19, 2022

07.19.22 Baby's gettin' growned up...



     Today was Erin's 17th and she passed her driving test at DMV. Headed down to witness and thought about hitting the surf but it was low tide and I just didn't feel like it. Her friends threw her a surprise party so, friends before Dad's I guess. Happy Birthday Erin and congrats!


     On the SH grounds. 150 degrees. Had the Simms on because the water was high and starting to ebb. As soon as I walked up to the water I had a SH or bowfin bow into the grass just waiting for something. I made a cast and just as my fly hit the water it blew out like a bonefish. I made a bunch of casts and came up empty. But it's coming. 


     I couldn't;t figure out why my "weedless" fly was acting like it should and I think after bouncing it off some concrete a bunch of times it just snapped. By the end of the day I lost it anyway to a clump of lily pads that wouldn't let go. My leader is 30 lb flouro with a 25 lb flouro tippet. I might just go to straight 30 so I get give it a tug or rip if needed. As predicted, there are now some flowers 


and teddy bears at the banks of the pond where the boy died the other day. Knew that would happen and it just made me feel good for a second that I cleaned up the area for the family. I stopped by the main river and there's not much water even with two hours left on the outgoing. My buddy says that the best time as the SH's retreat into whatever water is left and hide amongst the grass just waiting. Snakehead pics are coming soon!