Friday, May 27, 2022

05.27.22 Quicker session than I wanted.....


     So this was it for me until next week. Taking a break from Mercer County and hitting Cape May for the weekend. No fly rods will make the trip and there are none in safe keeping down there. I don't care if the bass are there, the weakfish have returned, to there's bluefish or fluke ready to bite. I need a break, and I'm taking it. 


     I thought this morning I would have a bass to hand as a send-off-break present. I was enjoying myself, a lot, casting my favorite rod, a Orvis Helios 2 10wt. For me my go to rod. It's not really fast, has good backbone, loads well, and casts like a dream after three months of casting the 11 and 12 was. So I bummed when I lost another fly, down to about 6 left from this winters tying, and reached for my sling pack and it wasn't there. You know what that means, the walk of shame back to the car and call it a day, and the next 5 days. This morning I again was putting my hand in a familiar place, different than last time, and looked in and saw my friend just waking up from last night. These common water snakes are nasty, and bite, and sting when they do. Luckily I haven't felt that yet. 



     And in other news, my truck, my 2003 Duramax Diesel, well, somethings going on, oil, or fuel and oil are leaking, bad injectors, need a new oil pan, tough to diagnose but I got a good mechanic on it. Yesterday we did the $150 oil change, as a starting point and when I looked under this morning, well..... looks like it's over $2,200 to fix. Theresa just loves that. Wishes and wants me to get a new truck, "Enough with these pieces of shit". When I explain my friends are paying $600 a month to lease or buy, "Well have much is it going to cost to fix". 'nuff said. 

     Saturn's down, boats down, trucks down, but I'm not down. Have a great Memorial Day.