Wednesday, May 26, 2021

05.26.21 Alright, once more....



     Let me give some advice. There's no such thing as a fart when you prep for a colonoscopy. And, when you have a gut full of polyethylene glycol maybe don't go to a fishing spot that requires a long walk. That's all I'll say about that. 

     That said, I was off this afternoon for the colonoscopy/endoscopy prep. The monsoon came through as I was doing paperwork in the home office. There was a break in the rain and I thought that maybe, there was a push in the river and maybe some lower temps from the rain. Now I know it takes time for the bump, but I said why not. Checking the USGS I see the water temps did drop two degrees, now in the mid70's. 


      With the flows down it made it easier to pick behind the rocks and fish the runs. Fly looked great in the water but there was no one home. That's okay, no expectations, no pressure, no problem. 

     There's a possibility of a quick trip to the Upper Delaware next week, just enough time to juggle work before the annual trip to Martha's Vineyard and sight fishing to striped bass on the flats!