Tuesday, May 18, 2021

05.18.21 Got the tagged fish info back....



     So last week I caught a fish with a tag in it. I called the REWARD number on the tag and talked with a rep from USFWS. He asked me some questions and said he would send off a hat for my time and a certificate giving the original tagging info. 

So,


     I was hoping my fish had a journey, a story, like Nemo in Finding Nemo. Maybe it came from the Chesapeake, maybe somewhere down or up river, nope, this one was caught right where it was tagged. On June 2 2020 it was tagged in Trenton and its length was 17.18 inches and almost a year later it was 19 inches, not as an exact measurement as the USFWS. 

     Looking at the size chart for striped bass it looks as though my bass should have come in a tad bigger than it did.