Wednesday, February 15, 2012

02.15.12 Continuing my assignment in Camden

Arthur and 29th Street, July 2007

     I'm recently working on a good story I can sink my teeth into. It's a large story on Camden and today I was back down there working on some portraits of key subjects and cruising the cities worst streets looking for a homicide or fire. I have shot in Camden before and have stuff from the last few years but I am looking for 2012 incidents.

It amazes me that no matter how some cities change, they tend to stay the same. I have seen hundreds of vacant buildings demolished in Camden over the years, but no matter which section of the city you travel, there are rows and rows of them today. 

I have a few more days of shooting down there and then hope to have a few more story ideas to pitch to several magazines.