Friday, October 28, 2011

10.28.11 Found bass at high noon in Asbury Park


     Took a shot at noon on the outgoing in bright sun steady NE winds. Hit Asbury Park and talked with a regular who said they had fish there this morning. No one was fishing but I decided to give it a go. I fished the Loch Arbor beach for about 45 minutes battling the breakers and wind. Fished good water but no takers. Jumped up on the rocks and fished out before the flume remembering the map I had it my head after visiting her the other day at slack low tide. On the second cast I hooked up with a nice bass that hit my Clouser hard. With the water low, I had to back track to the beach to land, photo, and release. I fished the tip and south side without a bump. Things are looking snotty coming up, which is just the way I like it. 

                              

     After Asbury I traveled south and picked through the low water working various sand bars near and far. It was a good move as I made several maps of the structure their, hopefully that will pay off later tonight when I return.