Wednesday, October 12, 2011

10.12.11 The weather picked up this afternoon...but there were anglers and fish around


     Went out for the outgoing before low tide in Loch Arbor. Winds from the East at 20 with strong gusts to 30. Went with a tan/ white Clouser. Made a few casts and my Mirage reel that I cleaned up after this mornings salt trip spit the spool. I was up to my waist in the water, so good bye she went. I backed up and hand reeled the 105 foot of fly line and then about 175 yards of backing. Luckily, I was able to use the wind to my advantage and kept all the line airborne back to the rocks were the men meet for rendezvous's in the night. Believe it or not I was done untangling it and back to fishing in 20 minutes. I missed a nice fish in the wash and caught a fluke when I switched to a chartreuse/ white Clouser. As I was leaving I met Nick, who is from Hoboken and follower of the The Average Angler blog. He went to work with his two-handed rod on both sides of the rocks.

Tomorrow the wind dies down, but will turn and be SE. The weekend is looking good.