Thursday, May 30, 2024

05.30.24 A few for the tank to wrap up May...


     It was a long day at work and when I got home I got the itch. No thought of tides or anything just to fishing. No pressure to catch but just enjoy a relatively cool evening with a northwest wind. River is up to 14,000 and the temps down to 71. As always extra water in the system always helps. 


     The fish aren't large but they are fun. Schoolie bass that eat and pull hard. They always enjoy a rest in the tank before a release. It always amazes me how calm, cool, and collected they are just looking around as they rehab. When it's time to go they almost always swim away strong. 


     That'll do it for "spring" which I call March, April and May. June starts the summer with a watchful eye on the water temps when I do go. Tomorrow will be an early trip to the salt for change of scenery.