Wednesday, May 29, 2024

05.29.24 Done with the insanity....


     Yep, I'm done. I'm forcing myself to stop thinking about striped bass for a while. Yes, I will go, but I have to stop the 24-hour a day obsessing on bites, bait, bass, and tides. From now on, if I go, I go. If I catch I catch. If others find em' then good for them. 

    This morning Joe and I launched from Titusville again for a change of scenery. It was a nice morning with cool temps and fog coming off the water. Joe worked some topwater plugs to try and tune them 



up for the fly. I tried topwater and underwater but only had a few swipes through the morning. The water is up a touch and off color, but I always welcome more water in the river. We found a few for 




tank and the sun was out which made for good lighting and pics. I think going forward most of my trips will be on foot and during the coolest parts of the day. Taking the boat out, while fun, and at times very productive, can't compare to wading the waters I am fishing. This afternoon the skies opened up and 


brought heavy rains along the river. Again, more water, which is good, and maybe a forced break for a little while. I need to step away and get the honey-do list going . Theresa has been very patient.