Tuesday, May 14, 2024

05.14.24 New seats for the sled...



     Man I just love Facebook Marketplace. I was surfing a week ago and put in a search for "Lowe boat seats". Don't you know a pair popped up. Today I drove to Clinton and met a sweetheart of a guy Ken who took these off his Lowe and put aftermarket ones on. His gain was my gain as well. 


     What I got was a newer front seat with a hydraulic lift on it and another seat for the Captain. What was nice was the base had the same screw hole configuration so it was just out with one and in with the other. 


     Ken was nice enough to break out some tools and allow me to do it right there. We agreed on $150 which was very nice of him to take some money off his original asking price off $200. Not only are they Lowe brand seats but the color scheme matches my boat. 

     Below is a picture from the original owner I bought the boat from. The original layout called had three seats but I took out the rear one, which sits on the live well, and I use that for a casting/poling 


platform. With a stripping basket and the elevation above the water casting is easier and the line management much better. Two things left for me to do is redo the trailer lights and the rug/floor covering.