Friday, May 3, 2024

05.03.24 They all get a rest in the tank...


     Even though the weather was lousy, chilly, windy, Joe still managed to put a few in the tank. It was a before sunup bite and we got there with about 5 minutes left. A few fish to hand for him and a few of taps for me and then it shut down. Hit it later in the day again and played with one that I just couldn't feed. 


      Finally wet the "Spook Fly" and it swims, just at the surface, but doesn't have that Spook "walk the dog" action. In fact it looks more like a snake running the surface more than anything. I'll have to try some more retrieves with it before going back to the vice and making some adjustments.

          It's May and that means it open season down in Cape May. Theresa and I are heading there tomorrow to open and get it all set up. It's just great. Of course I'll be heading over to the Delaware Bay to check things out. In the next few weeks I'll bring my stuff with me so I can make some casts and try and get these fish on their way out of the river.