Wednesday, June 26, 2019

06.24.19 Graveyard shift.....


     After a slow morning with Dr. Mike I went with my gut and gave the late night a try. Alarm had me up at 1245 am and by 2 am I was casting into the light of the mid moon onto lake like conditions. It was the start of the ebb tide and my hopes were high. 


     It took 1-1/2 hours to find a trio of bass, one looking like a fall sand eel eater. I wonder if the sand eels are here? Inshore bluefin bite, bonito on the beach in IBSP, and a friend who has them swimming around his boat in the Manasquan. Could make for a good fall as I prefer sand eels over peanuts. Peanuts bring out every person who has a fishing pole, a little less then when theres snd eels around. The exception being the fall of 2011 or 2012, cant remember which year it was. 



     I threw little sand eels, big Decievers, and of course my tandem set-ups. Didn't get another tap. By 430 the water was like dead low. It was a very, very weak tide. The night before I wanted to tie up some kind of night time crabby fly so I came up with this contraption and threw it into flat water without a tap. I was done at 530 am and won't do that again unless good bait shows up or the wind switches direction or we get some good swells to churn things up.