Thursday, June 13, 2019

06.12.19 Day 5 PM fishing and why I don't go with spin guys....


          Tonight Dave and I fished the mouth of a creek tat empties into the pond. We got there about mid-ebb tide and found the fish active eating......something. Over the next three hours I emptied my fly box trying to get them to eat. Sand eel flies, baitfish flies, poppers, sliders, all in various sizes. As we made our way out onto the flat and after the fish had stopped actively eating Dave caught two nice fish.....on a spin rod.......with a plug.......

     Now I'm not saying I'm a fly fishing snob but its kind of like going deer hunting and you are using a recurve bow and arrow and your friend next to you is using a shotgun. Dave's rattly plug that moved water did more than my Double Barrel Deducer could ever do. Luckily I did get a 18 inch fish that ate a 2 inch sand eel fly so I least I didn't put up a zero for the night.