Thursday, January 19, 2017

01.19.17 Don't get your Roseld hopes up too fast.....


     For those that call Jetty Country home we watch and wait with each blow or big tide to see when things might just return to normal. Well, Mother Nature has been chipping away at the Deal beaches this fall and winter, but in the end we might not like what we find.

     Roseld was great. Better than great. This year it was a good place from time to time but in no way can be compared to what it was, and may never be again. Today I followed the rocks as they made their way under the sand to where they meet the beach. And I didn't like what I found.



     It seems, and I may have forgot, that they notched Roseld and it looks like the below image shows where the rocks end. Interestingly, the north side pocket is trying to find its way again, but it will only be a matter of time until the waves and water start to chip away at the south side from the beach end. In the end, the only non-notched groins will be Allenhurst and hopefully Phillips. everything between has been cut. I'm not sure what they did with Whitehall but, even though I am done fishing, I may snoop around with a camera during the next months to see what things look like.