Sunday, January 8, 2017

01.08.17 A day after the snow.......


     I'm just in that lost-no-fishing mode right now. Holidays have come and went. Worked Thursday and Friday. Supervised homework yesterday between blowing the snow. School doesn't start back up for 2 weeks. Up at dawn. Needed to get to the beach.

    I had no expectations as the air temps were in the early double digits and it was the end of the outgoing tide. Don't even know if there's any fish around anymore but I thought I'd give it a shot. I walked down to the water through the deep snow drifts to find Yoo-Hoo colored water. I did see lots of birds looking on the other side of the bar, and a bunch of surfers out catching what looked like great waves. Two things I'm glad I'm not into- surfing and kayaking.



     I stayed for a bit, made a few casts, enjoyed the chill and then headed home. Looks like it supposed to get into the 60's this week but the water temps, according to a surfing website, have the water temps at 38 degrees. Time to start re-grouping and maybe tying lots of flies for the upcoming year. That would be better time spent.