Friday, June 15, 2012

06.15.12 Fluke on the fly off the rocks...and Al gets out for Father's Day early


     I love when I tell people that I take clients fly fishing for fluke. They kind of say, "Fluke?". I love it in June when you can leave the waders in the truck and wet wade and pound the wash with a Clouser and pick up some fluke. Fluke are a nasty and mean predator fish. They lay in wait and and with a quick strike attack the bait or fly and then they give a good fight. Today we caught a nice 21" fluke off the end of the groin. If you think landing stripers on the rocks with a fly rod is fun, try landing a strong flatfish in large swells.
     This weekend is Father's Day and today I found my buddy Al celebrating a little early out fishing with his son. They have on the same hats, but that's where the likeness ends. Al is in his summer wear and his son, with jacket in hand, is still in spring mode.

If you are a father or have a father enjoy your weekend, it's looks like it's going to be a nice one.