Saturday, March 26, 2022

03.26.22 Here's some things....



     Went live with the new Simms waders. Mmmmm. I ordered the same size I had last time, L Size 11. The size 11 is good the legs are good, have you ever heard the phrase, "Skin on a grape?", well I'm about two pounds away from demonstrating it. The waders are form fitting on the top. If I was chisled I would be fine, but they don't offer a John Goodman build option. I hope to melt away the pounds I put on over the winter. For the price they should have a little Italian tailor come out and "custom fit" you, it says that on the box. Or they should have a retailer you can drive to and try on a pair, even if you have to order them yourself online. If you're about my size, 6'0 and 200 pounds of twisted steel, hit me up and you can try these on for size. 

     And in the "That's just funny category", I saw these meme on Facebook, kinda sums it up. The ASMFC and all the do-gooder groups that are encouraging anglers to get involved, put the pressure on the ASMFC and make it understandable for the "average angler", keep the confusing stuff for the people who will wind up taking no action anyway. They should call for common-sense input, which would be based on anglers perception of their reality, because they are out there trying to catch a fish. 


     And yes, the water temps have dropped again with this cold spell we are in, with really cold weather coming Sunday and Monday, "March goes out like a lion", yes it does. So I took a ride north, water spilling over the wing dam, no one home, flies big and small, trying to get one of those walleye. I don't expect anything to happen for me for about a week.