Tuesday, March 22, 2022

03.22.22 River and bay amphibious boat ready for action....


     I know, "Now what is he doing?". Here it is, my version of the versatile and very practical cartopper/drift boat, river and bay, and beach!, all access watercraft. This will be heading up to the Upper Delaware River, "Fly fishing for one please". There's a story behind this wonderful boat of course and that will come later. But this thing is 8 foot, light, fits in the back of my Saturn Vue, can be dragged around, and best, is wide enough to stand up in.......more to come. 

     My pain persists. 22 days so far without a fish, let alone a hit. I'm switching between two herring flies, light and dark, days and nights. Today it was a before first-light outing on the start of the outgoing tide. My heart sank for a minute when I found, what I thought was a kayak, a canoe stuck in the rocks. Luckily, it looks like it wasn't being used for fishing at the time and may have been in the river for a bit, but, this is the time people go out and do some pretty not-so-smart things for fish. Be smart!


     It's time to bust out the new Simms G3 waders, so new and pretty I hate to wear and stink them all up. The last pair I had I broke out in October 2018 and they lasted just shy of two years. They were beat to shit, and that's on me. These are a big investment and they have to last. Today I broke out the drill and the Hardbite Studs (make sure you get the ones made for felt vs the Vibram sole) and made them slide proof, well slide resistant, well, I always find a way to fall down. 

    New prediction, a striped bass by March 27th, Sunday. I got my first last year on that date, that would be quit a coincidence. Seeing the cormorants has me juiced up, come on bluebacks!