Saturday, March 12, 2022

03.12.22 Some cool follow ups....


     With the snow now falling today, a Saturday, its a great day to tie flies, or sit on the couch and binge watch something and eat too much, oh yeah, and take a nappy nap. But before I do something non-productive I checked my email. Good news! My new Simms waders will be here on Thursday. Sadly, I'll be working in the hospital and won't be able to greet them at the door as they just come in time for 


me catching my second striped bass of the year, on Friday March 18th, with my first coming in the early morning hours on January 1st. Then I looked and saw I received correspondence from the ASMFC. They got my public comment and it will be shared with the management board for its consideration. Don't forget to write in, the meetings generally have a low recreational attendance, the commercial side and the wanna-harvest-more side seem to dominate the meetings. So letters, original in nature, and in laymens terms, really speak from who is doing most of the fishing, the average-working-class-fish-when-you-can-broke-as-hell-creepin'-while-your-sleepin'-can't-afford-gas-wife-hates-that-you-fish-think-you-re-having-an affair-and-wishes there-was-a-moratorium-wife, angler, both fly and other.