Friday, March 18, 2022

03.18.22 Alright, so no Friday fish, but that's okay.....


     Dam, I thought today was the day, forget it. That's alright. I fished in the wee hours of the morning, in the fog, and then in the 70 degree sun. The stonefly hatch is still going on, and now the boat hatch has started. Saw a bunch of shad caught (don't see the appeal but I don't judge) but nothing else. Quiet word on the street is bass were caught last night, thinking it was chunked shad, but they are here...now. 




   When I got home....well happy times. "Custom waders built for Mr. Colin Archer". I took a peak inside the box but left them home when I realized it was a Worm Moon dead low tide and I would 


trudging through the mud more than navigating the rocks. I am glad I didn't bring the new digs. So it was dead low and the water was below the 9 foot tide, so you had to walk far to get to the waters edge, and that meant through almost quicksand mud which I thought would suck me in and assist in my drowning on the next flood tide. The suction is real and maintaining your balance while trying to pull


the more stuck leg out isn't easy, luckily I am so nimble. I figured a long walk would be rewarded with bass pushing around herring, cormorants are now here, in what was left of the moon ebb tide.