Sunday, March 20, 2022

03.20.22 Grinding it out, again......


     So after staring at the Trenton Makes bridge way early this morning I finally got the color scheme, yellow and blue, in support of Ukraine's war with Russia. It's kinda cool. Green and white the other night for St Patrick's Day, and so on. Over 50, fishing in the dark till sun up, big flies....nada. I found



my favorite fly of the ties that I have. SF Blend herring imitation. Long, think, sheds water, easy to cast, looks great in the water. I'm going to make some tweaks to the next one when I get back to the vice.


     And in the "You got me department". Saw this issue of On The Water yesterday morning when I went for coffee. "Fly Fishing Raritan Bay", I thought oh cool, so I dropped the $4.95 and went looking. I read through, through the 20 pages of kayaks, it is the kayak edition, but couldn't find the fly fishing article. I looked through again, and could only find a slight mention of some fly caught fish in the Raritan River. It was a story telling of a cool outing with Eric Kerber, but it wasn't what I had hoped. I like OTW, but 'They got me" with that cover headline grab, which should have been, "A story about catching a striped bass on a fly rod in the Raritan Bay".