Wednesday, March 6, 2013

03.06.13 As we wait for bad weather thought I'd sit down and tie


     Well the Jersey Shore is going to get hit again. Winter Storm "Saturn" as it has been named has started to arrive today and will be with us for 24-36 hours. At 1030, 4 hours before high tide, the wind was crankin' and the ocean angry. Hopefully those along the coast, bays and rivers will fare well, although it looks like it could be touch and go.
     Back at the office I decided to spend some time at the vise working on getting a bunch of bunker patterns done using the SF Blend. I want to crank a bunch of these out before moving onto river herring, blueback and alewife, patterns. Soon the bluebacks will arrive with the bass following behind followed by the alewives. Those patterns will be similar just different in size and color schemes.

This weekend I will be presenting at the Orvis Marlton store's "Spring Fling". My presentation will be about Fly Fishing the Jersey Shore.