Thursday, November 24, 2011

11.24.11 Happy Thanksgiving....beautiful morning on the beach


     Found lot's of anglers out this morning. Most asking themselves the same question, "How long can I stay before I get in trouble at home?" I was asking myself the same question. Got down to 8th Ave just around 6 o'clock and found guys from The Asbury Park Fishing Club watching and waiting. I moved down to Deal and found a fly guy working the wash hard. There was a bunch of leaves and grass in the water and guys throwing metal had to clean their hooks after every other cast. As the tide started to move and the rocks became more visible I wanted to stay and wait it our but I just couldn't. Family will start arriving at 2 and I had things to do. 
     I made the right decision and got in my truck and left. However, I had to stop by Allenhurst and see how that they were doing. As I watched an angler was landing a nice fish out front. So now I had to stay for a bit. I grabbed my fly rod and found the water cleaner there and starting to move nicely. I made a few casts and realized it was 830 and really time to go.

I scanned some reports already from down south, it sounds like the sick bite continues.

Happy Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving in Allenhurst