Tuesday, November 15, 2011

11.15.11 Our blog hits 20,000 views and fun and fish at the Hook



     First, to all my clients and friends that keep on supporting The Average Angler and viewing my blog, thank you. Today we hit 20,000 views! I have met some great people because of it and at least several times a week people come up and ask me if I'm The Average Angler because they follow my blog. The best way to support this and keep it going is to book a trip out on the Jersey Shore, the Upper Delaware, or up to the Adirondacks.

                                    

     Second, I wanted to kick myself in the face for not taking the boat out today. I followed the NOAA website and the report was all doom and gloom. Better off going the safe route, although I saw some posts where they were on them good, no really good today. I took a ride to Sandy Hook and found flat water with mild wind. I got out there just at high tide and when it started moving things turned on. There was a bunch of fly rodders out and they put on a clinic on fly fishing for hickory shad. They crushed them. As the water started to really move I moved down to the Bay side and caught about 10 hickory shad ranging from 1-3 pounds. They are a blast on the fly rod. My favorite catch was a young-of-the-year striped bass that hit a chartreuse and white Clouser. They have been moving out of the Raritan Bay and have been caught along the front recently. There were several caught this afternoon.