Friday, November 18, 2011

11.18.11 Just missed the action down south this morning...


     I scratched going out on the boat this morning so I took a ride down south to see if the hot bite was still on. I parked in the town that I hate and the parking lot that I hate and when I got there the tickets were already on the windshields. I figure whoever got on duty at 7 am wanted to get their ticket writing over with so they hit the easy target anglers. I walked down to the water and found a large group of anglers out on the sandbar on the start of the incoming tide. Birds were working and guys were hooking up north of where I came in. Within the hour most of the guys and trucks had left the beach and moved on. Check out the series below of an angler who had been in the water for some time and stepped into a cut or trough on the way out. There were some boats out down south but the most I saw were off West End in Long Branch anchored up for tog.





The below angler found the cut on the way out of the water.