Sunday, November 20, 2011

11.20.11 Hit the International Fly Tying Symposium this afternoon


     I went to the show in Somerset today. Good show, a little slow but that always happens on a Sunday and when football is on. Lots of great well known tyers from around the world. It was nice to see some friends I haven't seen since the last show circuit and meet some new ones. Each year I seem to be intrigued by one tyer. Last year it was Leon Piasecki, this year it was New Jersey tyer Brad Buzzi. Brad is the owner of BUZFLY, www.buzfly.com . What caught my attention were his sand eel imitations. Sand eels are hot right now so I watched him tie a few and I purchased some and a few packs of Steve Farrar's Flash Blend.
Pretty soon fishing will be all done and it'll be time to hit the vise in the man cave.