Sunday, December 25, 2016

12.25.16 "With visions of herring dancing in my head......."


     Last night me and my favorite elf spent Christmas Eve out on Long Island and I decided to give it a go this morning. With a blended family and kids all over the place somehow we ended up alone after having celebrated several Christmases with the kids and family.


     It worked two ways, I could let Mrs. Clause sleep in and I would hit the beach. Got down just as light arrived and found a few anglers up and down the beach. Didn't see any bait so I worked a Snake Fly around the rocks and along the beach without a tap. As the tide ebbed I jumped on the rocks and got my Christmas morning bass. Funny how that somehow comes to mean something to striper fisherman....but it does.....so just leave it alone. 

    Was hoping to find a little bigger specimen of bass out there on the herring but I couldn't find any. Thinking it's a better bite later in the day into dusk. I won't be able to go as I have to work the evening shift at work. Sad that kids have to be in the hospital on Christmas. We should all be hopeful and thankful for physical and mental health this Christmas for not only ourselves and our packs, but for strangers as well.