Thursday, November 1, 2012

11.01.12 Found lots of changes...and surprisingly clean water


     Headed down to see if I could get a glimpse of the beach a little closer. Most roads still blocked or guarded by police. I wanted to see how Phillips Ave is looking. The beach club building is destroyed as is the pier. For those that do the daily stop and check then you know where the below pic was taken. Slight changes there.


     Our pre Sandy blitz groin this morning where I found the water clean except for some large timber and debris bobbing up and down in the pockets. Lot's of bird life as gannets dove at the ends of the rocks and seagulls picked at the top of the water. My boat did well through the storm although it could use a good power washing.

     Found lots of people on the roads returning to work, and I hope to soon also. I don't know which boat access will be up anytime soon but as soon as I find out and it is safe then I'll be back on the water.