Saturday, March 26, 2011

03.26.11 Working on the drift boat and then off to Further at Radio City

  

    Last night I began the painstaking process of prepping the drift boat before it she goes into the paint booth. I first had to get int flipped over before scraping and sanding the bottom. I found a pencil sized hole in the bottom so had to Marine-Tex that and let it set. Then I cleaned and polished the visible aluminum sides which took about four hours due to the dings and oxidation that had built up over the last 16 years. I started at 7 and left the shop at 1230. I returned at 8 am to finish the prep and get ready for the two part epoxy for the bottom called Gluv-It. But due to the cold weather the patch on the bottom didn't cure so I had to set up some drying lights to quicken the process.
     The Gluv-It is a one shot $ 150.00 deal. So I was nervous that I would blow it and be out the money. It went well and I set up a heater to give it a shot so it will cure by tomorrow so I can sand it and paint it.


On a lighter non-fishing related note. Tonight Cindy and I are off to the Further Festival. Bob Weir and Phil Lesh and the boys are at Radio City Music Hall. Wonder if we'll here a "One More Saturday Night?