Friday, March 25, 2011

03.25.11 Checked out Raritan Bay and prepping the drift boat for some paint


     I took a quick ride up to see how things were looking in the Raritan Bay. Last week following the rains a good portion of the Bay looked like chocolate milk. Today things looked pretty good. About 40 rods in the water all guys soaking worms or clams without a touch. Water temps still in the 40's and the bait hasn't pulled in yet. We need a good run of warm weather to get things heated up. One thing I did see out of the corner of my eye while I was taking the above picture was this guy  just walking into the bay. No rod and reel, now bait in hand, just hands in his pockets walking.  I hope he's not totally frustrated this early in the season and gave up already!

                             

     This weekend I'll be spending a lot of time with my drift boat. Not in it, next to it. I have to prep it for a paint job it's getting next week. I have to scrape, seal, and paint the bottom and clean up the exposed aluminum before it heads into the spray booth next week.